Pain appears in the body due to various injuries, as well as violations of internal organs. The sensations of pain serve as a sign of malfunction in the body. The task of modern analgesics such as Tramadol, Soma and Ambien is not the elimination of the disease, which causes pain, but the elimination of pain. The effect of analgesia occurs when the medication is applied to the brain, the peripheral nervous system or the place where the pain is located. The category of potent analgesics in tablets includes several well-known medications. Some of them can be obtained only by prescription, others have free access.
Causes and types of pain
When the receptors of the nervous system are irritated, pain arises. Irritants can act as mechanical displacement of tissues (cuts, injections) and chemicals, whose number in the body increases with various pathologies. Due to the appearance of the pain emitted:
- Protoptic sensitivity (reaction to an irritant that does not harm the body, touch or temperature);
- Epicritic pain (reaction to the harmful stimulus).
By the nature of the manifestation of pain is divided into:
- acute (brief convulsions);
- chronic (persistent, prolonged pain).
Depending on the area of the injury, the pain is:
- somatic surface (damage to the skin and mucous membranes);
- deep somatic (damage to muscles, joints);
- visceral (damage to internal organs).
Types of anesthetic substances
The task of modern analgesics is not the elimination of the disease, which causes pain, but the elimination of pain. The effect of analgesia occurs when the medication is applied to the brain, the peripheral nervous system or the place where the pain is located. The analgesics are:
- narcotics (affect the central nervous system and cause euphoria, are used in oncology, in case of serious diseases of the cardiovascular system, with long-term use, are addictive);
- non-narcotic (they do not have a strong influence and are not addictive).
It is necessary to highlight medications such as antispasmodics, eliminating spastic pain. Soma, Tramadol and Ambien are completely harmless and non-addictive drugs.
When buying any medication for pain, we must not forget that eliminating pain does not always determine the cause of the disease, and sometimes can make it difficult to establish an accurate diagnosis of the disease, so the doctor’s prescription is the most appropriate to choose a medication. Also, when choosing this or that anesthetic, be sure to read the instructions carefully and follow it clearly.